Feng Shui, the art of transforming your living space to enhance your life, is all about creating the perfect energy (chi) flow. Feng Shui literally translates from Chinese as “wind” (feng) and water (“shui”). It’s the art of arranging buildings, objects, space and life to achieve harmony and balance. The idea behind it is to “unblock” the way, so that the forces may flow freely and create balance in our life.
In Feng Shui, directions play an important role to improve specific areas of our life, be it love, marriage, career or health. So, we have compiled a few easy Feng Shui tips for your home to help you balance your life and bring home the eternal happiness.
Feng Shui involves placing the objects in the eight directions and let the free-flowing forces work magic on our happiness.
NORTH area of your house: Career
• Place a big mirror, ideally round or oval in a metal frame.
• Black & White wall art prints of people you admire professionally.
• There should be plenty of light, any size of light fixture works well here.
• A wall art depicting water or deep blue colour of sky is excellent to have.
EAST area of your house: Health & Family
• Wooden art décor here nourishes and strengthens the energy of your home.
• Mirrors are excellent in the East, as they bring more light and energetically open up any space.
• Plants are an excellent Feng Shui cure in the East area of your home
NORTHEAST area of your house: Spirituality & Personal Growth
• Use images of various landscapes and mountains; they are considered excellent for this area.
• Focus on finding art that really speaks to your deep inner core, like some deep meaning paintings or photographs that have a philosophical side to them.
• Tall lights are considered a good Feng Shui cure for Northeast area.
• Fire element items such as tall candles, decor items in Fire element colours and shapes; all bring the needed fiery energy to kindle up spirituality.
SOUTHEAST area: Wealth & Abundance
• Choose home wall art related to wood element for an abundant energy of growth. These can be photos of nature with trees and blossoming flowers.
• Place a wall painting of a waterfall for Feng Shui cure for wealth.
• You can also paint the walls in the wealth area with nourishing Feng Shui colours like red or purple to activate the energy.
SOUTH Area: Fame & Reputation
• Choose abstract images with predominantly fire element in them for activating the fiery energy. Red, orange colours work well here.
• Focus on finding an art that really speaks to your heart about what you want to be known for.
• A fireplace is excellent Feng Shui in the South.
• Place wall art focussing on actual trees, plants and forests.
SOUTHWEST Area: Love & Marriage
• Place a Feng Shui art with a strong earth element to it. Some artform that brings out the earthly feeling of soil,path, road etc. will be very helpful.
• Wall art and photographs that speak of true & nourishing love will energise the love in your house. These can be your own photo prints of your wedding shoots and happy memories of your love-life.
• Tall lights are considered a good Feng Shui cure to activate the fire element and expand the energy.
• Fire element art will ignite the love in your life and marriage.
WEST Area: Creativity & Children
• Feng Shui art with strong Metal element energy, in white and grey colour, or round shapes.
• Wall Paintings expressing the energy of creativity, will give you the creative push needed.
• Fill your wall with photos of your own creations that evoke happy and joyful moments, that augments creative expression.
NORTHWEST Area: Helpful People & Blessings
• Place decoration photos expressing gratitude that subconsciously invites the blessings in your life.
• Choose Metal or Earth element art like tall sculptures, home decor items in Metal in Feng Shui element colours and shapes.
• Keep a Feng Shui wall art that has a strong metal energy.
• Earth element art work the best in this area.
So whether you add thriving plants, mega-watt lights, or something else delightfully irresistible, it all beckons the good life to find its way to your front door!
Happy Feng Shuing!