Appreciation of a piece of art is not just liking or disliking it; in the business of handmade art creations, it is always better to put yourself in the buyers’ shoes and assess the value of your art. Although, for an artist, it becomes quite perplexing to put a monetary label on your painting, simply because you have poured your soul into it and that is just how invaluable it is for you, but factually, it is the greatest opportunity for an artist to gain recognition and revenue by selling artwork online. Trust me, it’s one of the most preferred places to sell art today!
Evaluation of your artwork is all about checking its cost-effectiveness along with the aesthetic value it holds. Multifarious factors are involved when it comes to fixing upon the cost for the respective artwork. Here are top 5 aspects you can consider brainstorming on when selling artwork or paintings online:
1. Invested resources: Everything that you use or spend has a value. Right from the price of material, time, education, experience, size, shape, demographics, subject to the funds invested in collected research and references to produce that piece of art must be calculated by you. It is vital to add these numbers to the conclusive cost of your art to sell paintings online or offline.
2. Light, colours and contrasts: Is there one major colour scheme that persists throughout in your painting? Analysing the colours from a distance to ensure if the colour is effectual enough is the simplest idea every artist goes for. White or black balance of the painting is important as well; it decides how it will look under the light or shadow. An eye-catching art has beautiful, refined contrasts, but many a times, colours fade or get mixed up, so it is best to take some extra efforts to retain their quality. Selling art prints gives a great opportunity to critique the self-created facsimiles of your visions.
3. Clarity of the subject: Subject is the soul of your painting and it must be identifiable. The personality or nature of your subject can be complex or even ambiguous (like the subjects in most modern art paintings are), but it is better to keep it significant and maintain the centralization of emphasis, so that your audience can easily reach out and relate to it. To sell artwork online, it is a must to be aware of akin outlooks.
4. Immaculate proportions and compositions: To be able to sell paintings online, it is fundamental to check if all the proportions and compositions share a balanced symmetry, for perfectly symmetrical piece of art is something your audience will always look for to decorate their houses and workplaces. A painting is a poem without words, so they say. Is there a poetic rhythm to your painting? It matters the way you arrange the elements in your artwork; it speaks a lot about your psyche. Lines, shapes, forms and texture sure can make your painting either a comprehensible or an obscure expression.
5. Aesthetic value: Ask yourself- what is that which is so commendable in your art frame that people would love to display your painting on their blank walls? You can definitely derive inspirations from the art of great artists of all times, but know the thin line in between infusions and repetitive imitations. Your painting is you communicating with yourself; it is a sense that comes from within which is an original expression. To sell paintings online, it is essential to make it a rare and special craft. Only the divine beauty of your true self can make it prodigious and exclusive!
Selling your artwork online is all about you receiving a fair price for embedding a creative, powerful colour play on a virgin canvas that speaks for itself. An artist, the creator of this mystical craft, should never be undervalued and that is why it is the need of the hour for an artist to evaluate his/her own creations and benefit from them.